For the opening soirée of the first Salon du Chocolat in Zurich, on Thursday evening, renowned chocolatiers and pastry chefs applied their skills to create unique dresses made of chocolate. The Maitres Chocolatiers came from Belgium, Switzerland and France.
Great applause for French chocolatier Jean-Claude Jeanson and designer Mister Crochet for their original creation, a flamboyant bird’s nest with three real pigeons inside. Besides, the model’s long legs were covered with white chocolate tattoos. The hairdresser Valentino finished the last touches of their model on stage.
Geneva-based chocolatier Philippe Pascoët worked together with Swiss designer Elisa Sue to create a Baroque style gown, while Choc-master Philippe Bel, based in Lyon, mixed confectionary and chocolate for a sensual brassiere made with a combination of dark and milk chocolate and marshmallows.
I believe that each of us, looking at those attractive models, would say: “I could eat you whole!”
The show will be in other cities during the upcoming months:
• Bahia from July 6th to 8th
• Paris from Oct 31st to Nov 4th
• New York from Nov 9th to 11th
• Lyon from Nov 16th to 18th
• Cannes from Nov 23d to 25th
• Cairo in November (dates to be announced)
• Moscow in December (dates to be announced)
• Shanghai at the end of 2012